Michael Deodati has been involved with criminal aspects of environmental laws. While a prosecutor he was a charter member of the National Environmental Prosecution Center and a former Chairman for the New York State District Attorneys Association sub-committee on Environmental crimes.
Many environmental issues have lead to investigations and experiences with administrative enforcement of environmental laws as well as investigations with maritime law and the oil and gas industry. Further the environmental umbrella covers quality of life issues in the building and construction industry.
Michael Deodati has participated on the New York State committee which drafted the current Hazardous waste laws for the State of New York. He has assisted National and local lobbying efforts in the area of enforcement of environmental laws and regulations. Further he has organized and taught at local and national legal seminars in the area of environmental enforcement.
Some of his teaching experiences include:
- Lecturer for New York State certified Continuing Legal Education seminars in the areas of Environmental Crimes, Ethics and Criminal and Civil Forfeiture laws.
- Instructor and planner for Environmental Crimes Conference for National College of District Attorney's as well as for local Environmental Conferences.
- Lecturer for New York Prosecutors Training Institute for Environmental Crimes Conference.
- Past faculty member of Northeast Environmental Enforcement Project, for Environmental Crimes Conference.
- Past lecturer on Environmental Issues for the New York State Joint Legislative Commission on Toxic Substances & Hazardous Wastes.
Back to top.